Senior Legal Counsel
Royal IHC is a leading maritime service provider and technology innovator with activities worldwide. As Senior Legal Counsel, you will work alongside colleagues from the Sales, Project Management and Shared Services departments in a challenging, international and commercial environment. You will report to the General Counsel and, with the team, ensure that the legal function delivers an optimal service and is highly visible within the organisation. Within this role, your responsibilities will include:
- providing legal advice and support to the business in respect of commercial contracts
- providing tangible and hands-on legal advice on matters specific to the business
- offering legal advice and support to the Finance, Treasury and Tax teams on the legal aspects of projects
- promoting cross-functional and international collaboration.
To be eligible for the role of Senior Legal Counsel, you must have:
- a law degree, preferably with a specialism in commercial and/or construction law
- five to eight years work experience at a reputable law firm additional in-house experience gained in the shipbuilding field, EPC and/or construction contracts is an advantage
- knowledge of and an affinity with the maritime industry
- experience working in teams from different disciplines
- the ability to work with a diverse and international group of people
- strong analytical skills, and the ability to work accurately and quickly
- the ability to communicate at all levels
- legal and drafting skills, as well as experience with contracts governed by English law
- an excellent grasp of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- the flexibility to travel
- a result-oriented approach, and the ability to balance legal and commercial interests
- the ability to multitask and maintain a flexible attitude
- a dynamic and proactive personality, with a high level of organisation and time management skills.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Legal Counsel and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
IHC Holding is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
|Date Updated||Friday 11 October 2019|
|Contact||Mr. Eric Atuahene|
|Telephone||+ 31 (0)88 015 4444|