Dredging Expert / Project Manager
As Project Manager / Dredging Expert of the IHC Training Institute, you will be responsible for delivering training products on spec and on time to customers that are working in the dredging, offshore and dredge mining industries. To do so you will work closely together with the other project managers, trainers, and the course designers. Occasionally you will use your expertise to give training to our customers all over the world. As Project Manager, you are responsible for the smooth execution of the training project during the complete cycle of the contract. You will be advising the customer about fit-for-purpose training programmes, preparing quotations and price calculations and transferring training proposals into concrete action plans. You are the single point of contact for the stakeholders for the duration of the project for commercial and non-commercial project-related issues. During the project, you are in control of quality, finance, and planning. For the customer, you will be the first point of contact and you will ensure smooth communication processes with respect for cultural differences. Your responsibilities:
- transferring training proposals into concrete projects, including planning, trainers, locations, etc.
- managing day-to-day operational aspects of a training project and scope
- managing, monitoring and driving project activities, managing project risks and resources, and taking corrective actions when necessary
- identifying, follow-up and follow-through of new business opportunities
- applying training protocols and enforcing quality standards
- building and maintaining and using a network of internal and external stakeholders/partners and representing the project within the organisation
- acting as a single point of contact for customers and other stakeholders
- effectively communicating relevant project information to the team and superiors
- ensuring project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
- managing project budgets
- determining appropriate revenue recognition, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring receivables for the project.
As Dredging Expert / Project Manager you have a great affinity with the maritime industry and specifically dredging. You want to share your expertise about dredging with others. Effectively organising and planning activities is in your nature. You independently take actions and stimulate others to drive project activities. You are pragmatic, structured and accurate in your work. You identify problems and take immediate action to solve them. You stimulate, inspire and engage others to cooperate and achieve project objectives. To be eligible for the position of Dredging Expert / Project Manager you should have the following:
- technical higher vocational education (HBO) or equivalent
- a minimum of three years of experience as production engineer or project manager dredging
- pragmatic, structured and accurate way of working
- ability to take the initiative independently
- optimistic, energetic and social personality
- willingness to travel abroad occasionally
- excellent project management skills
- experience with training is a prerequisite
- excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
Please note, only applicants with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening may be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as Dredging Expert / Project Manager a challenging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Dredging Expert / Project Manager and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As Dredging Expert / Project Manager, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
|Date Updated||Friday 27 September 2019|
|Contact||Mr. Sander Morijn|
|Telephone||+ 31 (0)88 015 4444|