Design & Proposal Engineer Ferries
Based on a variety of vessels and markets we have different product departments at Damen. Each product department has its own specialism. One of these product groups is Ferries, responsible for the design of ferries and passenger ships. For the Ferries department we are looking for a Design & Proposal Engineer.
As Design & Proposal Engineer you translate customer requirements into the design of a vessel in close cooperation with our Sales department. You prepare ship designs (Naval Architecture) and specifications, calculate costs and determine the delivery time through close collaboration with other departments within Damen (Research, Engineering, Production and Sales). In addition, your task is to develop new vessels and optimize our current product portfolio.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Designing vessels in accordance with the criteria of the client;
- Providing technical support to the Damen Sales organization during the contracting process, for example by giving presentations or providing calculations;
- Optimizing (standard) designs, in order to lower the price and enhance quality, reliability and the functionality of the vessels;
- Liaising with internal departments (Research, Engineering) and external parties for optimal project results;
- Keeping track of the overall progress in the pre-sales phase;
- Product development and optimization including market research and concept design;
- Setting up a project planning (milestones), calculating supplemental work and cost savings, preparing a list of deviations and other client specific data;
- Preparing ship designs, specifications, cost calculations and build strategies for sales prospects.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture;
- At least five years relevant work experience in ship design;
- You master excellent communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English;
- You are customer-oriented, flexible and find it a challenge to work on various projects at the same time. You have excellent communication skills and can express yourself well in a business conversation.
Here at DAMEN we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, DAMEN will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Sunday 10 February 2019|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 65 40 40|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|