Senior Engineer Mechanical High Speed Craft
Your goal as Senior Engineer Mechanical is to work out specifications and make designs for new and standard Damen ships. These designs meet the set requirements and regulations and are in line with the project plans drawn up. You will be responsible for the design of ship systems as per initial designs and the lists of requirements from our customers. You will provide technical specifications,?maintain contact with suppliers, oversee new developments and perform background studies.
In addition you will also supervise, assess and coach Engineers on technical issues. The Senior Engineer Mechanical is responsible for the design of the Propulsion system including gearbox and engine arrangements, steering system, pump systems and piping, like fuel, bilge and fresh water.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Executing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support.
- Supervising a small team of engineers and subcontractors.
- Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners and working closely together with all stakeholders.
- Monitoring quality and organizing interface and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers.
- Performing complex calculations related to load/power, strength and flow calculations in the mechanical engineering field.
- Supporting the Class and National Authorities approval process.
- Preparing technical space layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements.
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specifications.
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least five years' experience as mechanical engineer with complex engineering projects
- An interest in innovation and an open mindset to new technologies.
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in preferably both English and Dutch.
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Friday 1 February 2019|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Mr. Marcel Koopman|
|Telephone||0183 639 911|