- The retrieval of the required information from engineers, trainers and our document management system;
- To empathize with the needs of the user, without losing sight of the standards that we use;
- To write content that helps our customers succeed in reaching their goals when using a Damen product;
- To determine the structure of the manual by analyzing the needs of the user and the available information;
- To improve the readability of the information supplied of the systems or systems that are used on board.
- Are in possession of a Technical background (Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering);
- Have 3 or more years of experience working as a Technical Author;
- Are experienced in working with technical authoring software such as XMetal and Adobe FrameMaker. Being familiar with Adobe Framemaker Structured and AutoCad is considered an advantage.
- Are experienced with applying technical documentation standards, like ; DITA, STE or S1000D.
- Possess sufficient technical knowledge about the systems used on ships;
- Are highly proficient in spoken and written English and Dutch.
- Moreover, you are critical and are able to work in an extremely accurate manner. You will need be able to adapt well to working in a services organization where your main focus is on the customers and their needs. You can work independently and are pro-active when searching for the required information.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 31 October 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Mr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|