Sales Manager Norway
Damen Shipyards Norway are currently looking for a Sales Manager to become part of our sales team in Stavanger to further strengthen our sales activities in Norway, particularly within the Offshore, Aquaculture, Public Transport and Fishing sectors.
The goal of the Sales Manager is to realise the sales targets of the allocated region, in order to contribute to the strengthening of the market position and to increase the turnover and profit contribution of the organisation. The relevant Sales Manager will, after a thorough training period, be independently responsible for the sales results to customers in Norway/Faroe Islands.
Sales Managers are frequently required to travel (approx. 120 days a year). The trips usually consist of visits to prospective and existing customers. The Sales Manager plays a leading role within the Damen Shipyards Group and he/she is responsible for the local sales activities and turnover in a number of countries within the country group.
- To achieve profitable turnover in Norway based on the total range of Damen products and services. Daily activities consist of initiating contact with prospective and existing clients, conducting visits, initiating and conducting market activities (trade fairs, congresses), identifying market opportunities, establishing and maintaining a total market overview and consequently being able to provide strategic advise to management.
- Establish, maintain and expand relationships with customers and other relevant contacts in the relevant region/industry.
- Obtain enquiries, prepare quotations with support of the organisation, issue and follow up.
- Responsible for finalizing sales agreements; including negotiations with customers about prices, product specifications, delivery and payment terms, the drawing up and conclusion of contracts and conditions, providing advice about financing possibilities, and sharing this knowledge with the internal organization.
- Monitoring the handling of new build orders; organizing and drawing up the schedules of work/action lists and contract specifications, discussing these documents with the designated project managers, monitoring the product progress and the timely identification of any abnormalities, accompanying customers during visits to our local or foreign shipyards, and organizing or attending the launch and formal handover of ships.
- Dealing with problems and claims from customers; handling payment issues with customers, preparing payment options and informing/consulting with the Area Director, the Customer Finance department and Accounts Receivable, and assessing the validity of claims, etc.
- Reporting market information about the industry in Norway to the Area Director.
- You have a Technical Master degree, preferably in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering.
- You have a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience of which preferably at least 5 years experience from the Maritime industry.
- You are customer- and market-oriented, you have multi level communication skills and are entrepreneurial and have an analytical mindset.
- You have powers of persuasion and the ability to solve problems and willing to be an Ambassador of Damen Shipyards.
- You are open and direct, enthusiastic, meticulous, and a genuine team player who is also able to work independently.
- Your English and Norwegian language, verbally and written, is highly proficient. Knowledge of the Dutch language would be an advantage.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 ship- and repair yards, employing 8,000 people worldwide. Damen has delivered more than 5,000 vessels in more than 100 countries and delivers approx. 180 vessels annually to customers worldwide.
Damen’s focus on standardization, modular construction and keeping vessels in stock leads to short delivery times, low ‘total cost of ownership’, high resale value and reliable performance. Damen offers a wide range of products, including: tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and super yachts.
DAMEN Shipyards’ activities in Norway are growing within the Offshore, Aquaculture and Public Transport sectors.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 31 October 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Stavanger|
|Contact||Mr. Boy Ramirez - Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 183 63 94 47|
Løkkeveien 107, 4007 Stavanger, Noorwegen