Sales Manager Germany
The goal of the Sales Manager is to realize the Sales targets of the allocated region, in order to contribute to the strengthening of the market position and to increase the turnover and profit contribution of the organization. The relevant Sales Manager will, after a thorough training period, be independently responsible for the sales results to customers in Germany.
Area Directors and Sales Managers are frequently required to travel (aprox. 120 days a year). The trips usually consist of visits to prospective and (existing) customers. Partners include: employees at government agencies, port operators, shipping companies, contractors, marine service and financial companies. The Sales Manager plays a leading role within the Damen Shipyards Group and he/she is responsible for the local sales activities and turnover in a number of countries within the country group.
You will be stationed at our Hamburg office.
- To achieve profitable turnover in the assigned territory based on the total range of Damen products and services. Daily activities consist of initiating contacts with (prospective) clients, conducting visits, initiating and conducting marketing activities (trade fairs, congresses, advertisements), identifying market opportunities, establishing and maintaining a total market overview and consequently being able to provide strategic advise to management;
- Establish, maintain and expand relationships with customers and other relevant contacts in the relevant region / industry;
- Establish and maintain a network of agents in the assigned region; appointing new agents in consultation with the Area Director, managing and collaborating with appointed agents;
- Obtain enquiries, prepare quotations with support of the organization, issue and follow up;
- Responsible for finalizing sales agreements; including negotiations with customers about prices, product specifications, delivery and payment terms, the drawing up and conclusion of contracts and conditions, providing advice about financing possibilities, and sharing this knowledge with the internal organization;
- Monitoring the handling of newbuild orders; organizing and drawing up the schedules of work/action lists and contract specifications, discussing these documents with the designated project managers, monitoring the production progress and the timely identification of any abnormalities, accompanying customers during visits to our local or foreign shipyards, and organizing or attending the launch and formal handover of ships;
- Dealing with problems and claims from customers; handling payment issues with customers, preparing payment options and informing/consulting with the Area Director, the Customer Finance department and Accounts Receivable, and assessing the validity of claims , etc.
- Reporting market information about the assigned territory to the Area Director.
- Technical Master degree preferable in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering;
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience of which at least 5 years? experience in the capital goods industry (preferable Maritime);
- Customer-oriented and market-oriented, analytical mindset, multi level communication skills and entrepreneurial;
- Powers of persuasion and the ability to solve problems, driven and self supported, willing to the Ambassador of Damen Shipyards;
- Willingness to be significantly present in the region. (about 120 days a year);
- Good command of the German and English language in word and writing.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Friday 2 November 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Mr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|