Senior Structural Designer
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will make structural calculations starting from construction plans up till more detailed calculations of ship structures and integrated foundations. Calculations aspects are strength, stiffness, vibrations, buckling, fatigue, weight, producibility, maintainability, etcetera. Where necessary FEM calculations will be applied. You will be responsible for Class approval the structure and conduct technical meetings with among others, suppliers and Class represent-atives. You will direct the structural engineers in modelling the structure in 3D-CAD.
- A technical background, at least at intermediate vocational level, preferably in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering.
- Familiar with ship Class calculations and Class tools, such as DNV-GL Nauticus, LRS Rulescalc.
- Familiar with FEM calculations, such as ANSYS, NX or FEMAP.
- Familiar with CAD systems, preferably NUPAS (3D) or Catia.
- Creative within your field.
- Accurate and efficient.
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
- Prepared to regularly travel within the Netherlands and abroad.
- Preferably with some years of working experience.
The Naval & Structural group is part of the Engineering department. The employees have been divided over projects, in which they contribute to both product definition and the engineering of production information within their field.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Date Updated||Saturday 20 October 2018|
|Company name||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contact||Ms. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|