Product Manager ROPAX
For the Productgroup ROPAX (Roll On-Roll Off Passenger Ship) we are looking for an experienced Product Manager ROPAX who can help shape the future for this new department. The strong belief that we can be a successful player in the ROPAX market was the driver to further invest in ROPAX and create focus within our organization. The new department will be part of our Business Unit Cruise, ROPAX and Offshore and will be located in Schiedam.
The main responsibilities of the Product Group ROPAX is the Design of ROPAX?s and the cost calculations and estimates that we need to commercially price our Vessels to the market, of course in close cooperation with our dedicated ROPAX Sales Director and Sales Areas. In order to be able to give the right estimates, operational sailing profiles need to be assessed as well as a thorough design check, all based on the General Arrangement Plan.
Within the department several Design & Proposal engineers, as well as Tender Managers work closely together with the Product Manager in order to secure the contract.
- Reporting to the BU Director Cruise, ROPAX and Offshore, the new colleague will head a small team of design engineers, naval architects and tender managers.
- Will closely work together with the commercial team, our engineering departments, production locations, Damen R&D and external parties.
- Work location will be Schiedam possibly partly in Gorinchem.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Education: Naval Architecture MSc.;
- In-depth understanding of all naval architecture, construction, mechanical, regulations and other aspects of complex ship building, preferably obtained in a ROPAX/ Ferries environment;
- Experience 10 years+;
- Good commercial compass;
- Team leader, well balanced person, critical attitude, creative and an innovator/improver;
- Good command of English and ideally also Dutch.
Main tasks executed alone and in the team:
- As Product Manager you are responsible for the design of ROPAX ferries;
- Manage the General Arrangement and the technical specification;
- Sets standards for naval architecture/mechanical engineering and keeps these standards up to date;
- Safeguards rules and Regulations of Class and Flag;
- Keeps up to date with technical development and innovations within the industry;
- Sets standards for calculations, cost prices, offers/quotations and keeps these standards up to date;
- Develops presentations and commercial documents, provides for all commercial information like GA's, specs, budgets, delivery schedules etc.;
- Supports sales colleagues during sales visits and meetings and translates client's demands into feasible technical solutions;
- Proposes and maintains the D&P project planning. Delegates tasks to the engineers and takes care of the assessment and development of his team.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 2 October 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam B.V.|
|Contact||Mr. B. Ramirez-Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 183 63 94 47|
|Fax||+31 (0)10 473 2577|