Mechanical Engineer Beavers
As a Mechanical Engineer (Beavers), you will work in the Engineering department for IHC Shipbuilding, which produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The department is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel in The Netherlands.The Engineering department work with, among other vessels, standard cutter dredging equipment, Beavers® and custom-built cutters in Kinderdijk. Information about these products can be found at: www.royalihc.com/en/products/dredging/cutter-dredging/ihc-beaver-cutter-suction-dredger. The team consists of naval architecture and mechanical engineers, and dredging equipment specialists, alongside hydraulic, piping and electrical engineers.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for analysing, designing and drawing the machinery part of the Beavers® and small custom-built cutter suction dredgers (CSDs). You will work according to customer requirements, as well as technical and operational guidelines, in order to contribute to efficient production and maximising quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of the equipment. As part of this role, your duties will include the following:
- analysing and assessing customer requirements regarding Beavers® and small custom-built CSDs, including materials, processes, quality and product specification
- performing initial opportunity and risk analyses
- setting up and completing 2D drawings and/or a 3D model of the construction, systems, equipment and procedures, based on relevant information, specifications, rules and regulations, yard standards, service spaces, maintenance and various components
- creating and examining drawings for consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness
- adjusting or elaborating on documents and system information before proceeding, both within your own discipline and the others within the project team
- determining the necessary equipment, including for the propulsion and drive technology, by calculating, discussing with suppliers and fitting it into the appropriate part of the dredger
- drawing or modelling and developing the necessary foundations for the components
- revising the basic engineering package, based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others and discussing these with the Lead Engineer, Team Leader and/or other relevant stakeholders
- supporting internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and aftersales on technical aspects and questions
- making parts lists and material specifications
- identifying and evaluating bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment, in addition to making suggestions for improvements and monitoring the implementation after approval.
To be eligible for this role, you must have the following:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) in Mechanical Engineering, with at least three years of relevant experience, or an MBO in Mechanical Engineering with at least five years of relevant experience
- excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- experience in basic and detail engineering
- knowledge and experience with Microstation, Solid Edge or Nupas Cadmatic software
- knowledge and experience with Siemens NX and Siemens PLM Teamcenter
- demonstrable experience with drive technology and/or ship installations
- knowledge of shipbuilding classification rules
- a proactive nature, as well as being a team player with excellent communication skills
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- the ability to work in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate the unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer you a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labour contract, competitive salary and benefits package and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
Are you interested in the position of Mechanical Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Mechanical Engineer Beavers, you will work in the Engineering department within IHC Shipbuilding. The Shipbuilding group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. IHC Shipbuilding’s Engineering department is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 7 August 2018|
|Contact||Ms. Sylvia Meyer - van Leeuwen|
|Telephone||+31 78 691 0984|