Engineer Shipbuilding Offshore & Transport
Within the Business Unit Offshore & Transport at Damen we work on specialized vessel which are custom designed and built according to Client specifications. We work for the product groups Offshore & Transport, Defense & Security, Fishery, Cargo Vessels and Ferries. The Engineering department is responsible for the development of the Basic Engineering package including Class and Client approvals, management of Detail Engineering partners and production support. We want to build a long term stable team of engineering experience, on which we can rely to make the ambitions of our Business Unit reality.
As an Engineer within Offshore and Transport you will be part of an engineering team and work on a variety of deliverables to translate the technical building specification into the Basic Engineering package. You will be able to work in different fields of your expertise and over time develop even beyond, for which we will make a common plan for personal development.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work out design, specifications, detail- and work drawings within the specified procedures and standards;
- Register and archive designs, drawings and project-related information;
- Structural design and the integration of steel outfitting and structures, such as hull doors, stairs, etc;
- Drawing up, among other things, of construction plans and deck arrangements;
- Carry out calculations for further elaboration of weights, stability and structures in the shipbuilding area;
- Performing feasibility and risk analyzes on the initial design;
- Production of order lists and preparation of technical specifications for purchase orders based on the specifications and planning;
- Support in client, Class and national authorities approval process;
- Support in coordination of outsourced work to subcontractors.
Quality consciousness and a practical approach is with you as an Engineer in your blood. You are proactive, creative and working accurately. In addition, you meet the following features:
- Intermediate degree in the field of Shipbuilding or Maritime Engineering;
- 1 or 2 years relevant work experience;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- An interest in innovation and an open mindset to new technologies;
- Experience with software packages like AutoCAD, Rhino and Nupas-Cadmatic;
- Experience with Maxsurf or Siemens NX (FEM) would be a plus.
Here at DAMEN we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, DAMEN will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Sunday 12 August 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 65 40 40|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|