Tactical Purchaser Mission Equipment
As a Tactical Purchaser for the Mission Equipment Category team, you will be an important link between the suppliers and internal stakeholders (including the Engineering, Production and Project Procurement teams).
You will be responsible for the procurement of non-IHC manufactured mission equipment, such as marine and offshore cranes, and remotely operated vehicles, for custom-built and standard vessels. You will also be highly involved in defining the purchasing requirements and selecting the best suppliers in close cooperation with the category manager.
At all times, you will act in the best interests of the company. As such, you will negotiate adequate and appropriate conditions with suppliers. You must be capable of initiating and implementing sustainable improvement within the category supply chain.
To be eligible for this position, you must have:
- a bachelors degree in a technical/commercial field, such as mechanical engineering, technical management or maritime engineering, preferably supplemented with NEVI 1 and 2 qualifications
- at least ten years of relevant (international) project procurement experience, obtaining complex systems/equipment for the manufacturing and/or maritime industries
- knowledge and experience of international industrial procurement procedures and order processing
- commercial awareness and be confident working in an engineering-focused, project-based organisation
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- the ability to work effectively in a team
- a stress resistant and proactive approach
- a willingness to travel abroad occasionally
- experience of offshore mission equipment (advantageous)
- a valid EU work permit.
Please note, an online assessment and screening may form part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Tactical Purchaser and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Tactical Purchaser Mission Equipment you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 10 July 2018|
|Contact||Ms. Sylvia Meyer - van Leeuwen|
|Telephone||+31 78 691 0984|