- Execute engineering in 4 phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Monitor quality. Assess input from our own employees, but also from suppliers and partners.
- Perform weight, stability calculations and inclining tests;
- Prepare escape and safety arrangements;
- Liaise with our research department with respect to ship’s performance, noise and vibrations.
- Support the outsourcing of work to subcontractors;
- Support in client, Class and national authorities’ approval process;
- Organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Prepare technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture;
- At least five years’ relevant work experience, preferably in the yachting industry;
- You master good communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English;
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis;
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD, Rhino, Pias, and Maxsurf;
- You are quality conscious.
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
- An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Saturday 11 August 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Mr. Marcel Koopman|
|Telephone||0183 639 911|