Data Integration Developer
Together with other Data Engineers you are responsible for connecting and unlocking data from the various applications and integrating these applications in a structured manner. The role consists of developing ETL solutions. The Damen Application landscape is continuously developing, resulting in a growing demand for data integration. In order to manage the interfaces an Azure Cloud Data Platform, called the Data Hub, has been implemented recently. The Data Hub is positioned at the heart of our Damen IT&IM Reference Architecture.
Some of the current projects and systems that are being interfaced via the Data Hub are: BI Data Warehouse, Workflow systems, SharePoint, IFS (ERP System), CAD engineering Systems, Salesforce, Sitecore and various Apps.
As a specialist, you are aware of the trends in your field and know how to translate this into your projects. Besides your expertise and enthusiasm for Data Integration you are also able to communicate your ideas well to your colleagues.
The Build organization is responsible for the optimal realization of IT solutions that meet the requirements and preconditions of the Damen organization. Depending on the specific requirements, the Build work is done/organized in ?changes? or in ?projects?. The Build work is approached in a Waterfall and/or Agile style. When requested and needed, focus is not only the delivery of the technical IT solutions, but also on the integration and adoption of the solutions in the business.
Our mission: Proactively develop and deliver high value IT solutions/platform that will help innovate and digitize collaboration and increase the Damen business productivity, reduce costs, shorten lead-times and improve (end) customer satisfaction.
- You are responsible for development and design of ETL patterns;
- Aligning the development in accordance with the internal clientstrategic direction, managing exceptions, and effectively communicating solutions and their justification to relevant stakeholders and direct colleagues at the IT&IM department;
- Work collaboratively and closely with peers from cross functional teams and the IT&IM department to deliver coordinated software solutions;
- Perform requirements analysis, capture and document the business and technical needs;
- Assist with improving performance of global systems and end user experience;
- Create and update ETL specifications and supporting documentation;
- Design and implement end to end data integration solutions;
- Perform code reviews and other quality assurance steps.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent education;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working with ETL Development, MS SQL Server Databases and the Azure Platform, BI concepts;
- Knowledge of C# development, PowerShell, experience in API calls (object oriented programming and Entity FrameWork);
- Good communication skills (English), able to work in an international team.
- We are looking for employees with the ability to solve problems, who are self-motivated, proactive and eager to develop themselves towards data experts, that cannot only help Damen with today's data challenges, but also those of the future
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Group consists of 35 operating companies worldwide. The group originates from a single shipyard founded in Holland in 1927 and is active in ship newbuilding and repair as well as marine services. With an annual turnover of approximately 1,3 billion euro, Damen is the largest shipbuilding group in The Netherlands and one of the leading builders of workboats and fast craft worldwide.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 8 August 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 65 40 40|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|