Project Coordinator Manufacturing Operations
As Project Coordinator Manufacturing Operations, you will be responsible for the realisation of projects, based on technical specifications, budget and time. You will do this by coordinating, planning and monitoring projects, in order to ensure the optimal use of people, materials and resources. Projects will involve the use of pre-processed steel parts and piping packages across various external shipyards and construction companies worldwide. You will be responsible for connecting all parties involved, enabling our internal and external customers to build their vessels in a cost- and time-efficient manner. All production activities take place at the IHC locations Kinderdijk and Sliedrecht, and you will report directly to the Director Manufacturing Operations. The cluster Manufacturing Operations includes the departments Metalix, Piping, Central Production Engineering and QC/ Outsourcing. As Project Coordinator, your duties will include the following:
- monitoring the project, including planning, progress, delivery time, quality and budget
- determining working order and method
- taking action, if required, with regards to discrepancies in planning, progress and quality
- maintaining contact with customers and suppliers
- coordinating activities within departments, such as Central Production Engineering, Engineering and Purchasing
- providing, collecting, discussing and coordinating relevant data to/with departments
- ensuring adequate and up-to-date project administration, so that necessary information is available to the various departments concerned
- initiating improvements to existing processes and practices internally at Manufacturing Operations, as well as in the customer process.
To be eligible for the role of Project Coordinator Manufacturing Operations, you must have the following:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) level of education or equivalent
- at least five years of experience in a similar position, within a knowledge-intensive production organisation with a matrix structure
- general technical knowledge of production processes, work orders and project organisations
- the ability to influence the operating units on a constructive basis
- experience with ERP and Planning Systems (IFS and Primavera is advantageous)
- knowledge of the relevant rules and regulations
- experience with outsourcing projects
- an affinity with technology and strong numerical skills
- experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- strong communication, analytical, planning and organisational skills
- an excellent command of English and German, both written and verbal
- ability to cope with stressful situations and take a helicopter view.
Please note, only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable applicants. An online assessment and screening may form part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate the unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer you a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labor contract, competitive salary and benefits package and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
Are you interested in the position of Project Coordinator and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Project Coordinator, you will work at IHC Metalix, a market leader in the steel construction package industry and the delivery of work planning services. Development and production take place in the modern production facility in Kinderdijk, which supplies to the shipping industry, and construction and offshore markets globally. By contributing ideas to logistical processes and offering a high degree of flexibility and capacity, IHC Metalix is firmly positioned as 'the process innovator'.
|Date Updated||Friday 6 July 2018|
|Contact||Ms. Sylvia Meyer - van Leeuwen|
|Telephone||+31 78 691 0984|