As a Cost Estimator, you will work across the financial areas of our Sales, Engineering and Production departments during the entire project process (from the pre-contract phase until after the delivery of the dredge equipment). You will be responsible for cost price calculations that you will supplement with information regarding financing requirements, interest calculations and technical specifications. You will identify risks, (market) changes and sensitivities. From this, you will advise on process optimisation and cost reduction. This work is carried out in the Cost Estimation department and, depending on the size of the project, it is done either independently or as a team. You may also occassionally work with the Design department, which regularly consults with our Production and Supply Chain departments. In short, the Cost Estimator is an important link in the quotation processes for all customers and projects that install or use our dredge equipment. As a Cost Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- generating the autonomous or team-based budgets for complete high-quality custom-built or standard dredge equipment (or parts) on the basis of requests, standards and experience
- creating anything from short budget calculations to detailed pre-calculations
- studying and interpreting the specifications and data received from the customer
- collecting technical data from the Engineering, Purchasing and Production departments
- drafting and evaluating the specifications of dredging equipment
- drafting applications for suppliers in relation to prices, scope of delivery and the evaluation of received offers
- identifying risks related to contract conditions, technical scope of delivery, specific customer requirements, delivery times and financing aspects
- providing support in drawing up contracts and financing
- preparing and maintaining budget norms
- making budgets for the extra/reduced work required by the dredge equipment under construction.
You will also be involved in visiting the production site, subcontractors and trade fairs, as well as spending time on board our dredgers.
If building technical high-quality equipment is appealing to you, you should certainly apply. This role requires you to know that many aspects of the construction of equipment on board a ship are related to each other. Your analytical capabilities will help you to understand how these relationships work with regard to price levels and/or financial risks. If you are currently unfamiliar with the budgeting of complete installations, we can provide training to enable you to grow from calculating at component level to calculating complete installations within a couple of years. To be eligible for the role of Cost Estimator, you must have:
- an interest in estimating technically high-value large installations
- a Bachelor degree (HBO) or Master degree (WO) in business administration, mechanical engineering, electrotechnical studies or similar
- an affinity with ships
- knowledge of project and risk management, as well as production methods, processes, techniques and materials
- the capability to build and expand a network both internally and externally
- good organisational and communication skills (in Dutch and English)
- a confident, persuasive, assertive, flexible and persevering approach
- the ability to work effectively under time pressures
- experience working with Excel.
A technical (maritime) mechanical engineering background and work experience gained in an industrial environment would be considered advantageous to this role.
Please note, an online assessment and screening will form part of the recruitment process. Only candidates with an EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
Terms of employment
We offer you a challenging job in an organisation where the engineering is at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work in an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued and you will have every opportunity to develop further. Our terms of employment can also be described as excellent.
Are you interested in the position of Cost Estimator and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Cost Estimator, you will work at IHC Dredge Equipment, which is part of IHC Services. The Dredge Equipment organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. IHC Dredge Equipment is based in Kinderdijk.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 3 July 2018|
|Education level||View Vacancy|
|Contact||Ms. Sylvia Meyer - van Leeuwen|
|Telephone||+31 78 691 0984|