Design & Proposal Engineer Cruise
Based on a variety of vessels and markets we have different product departments at Damen. Each product department has its own specialism. One of these product groups is Cruise, responsible for the design of a variety of cruise ships. For the Cruise department, located in Schiedam (Rotterdam area), we are looking for a Design & Proposal Engineer (Naval Architect).
As a Design & Proposal Engineer you translate customer requirements into the design of a vessel in close cooperation with our Sales department. You prepare ship designs (Naval Architecture) and specifications, calculate costs and determine the delivery time through close collaboration with other departments within Damen (Research, Engineering, Production and Sales). In addition, your task is to develop new vessels and optimize our current product portfolio.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Designing vessels in accordance with the requirements of the client;
- Providing technical support to the Damen Sales organization during the contracting process, for example by giving presentations or providing calculations;
- Optimizing (standard) designs, in order to lower the price and enhance quality, reliability and the functionality of the vessels;
- Liaising with internal departments (Research, Engineering) and external parties for optimal project results;
- Keeping track of the overall progress in the pre-sales phase;
- Product development and optimization including market research and concept design;
- Setting up a project planning (milestones), calculating supplemental work and cost savings, preparing a list of deviations and other client specific data;
- Preparing ship designs, specifications, cost calculations and build strategies for sales prospects.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Naval Architecture;
- At least five years relevant work experience in ship design;
- Experience with cruise ships is highly preferred;
- You master excellent communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English;
- You are customer-oriented, flexible and find it a challenge to work on various projects at the same time. You have excellent communication skills and can express yourself well in a business conversation.
- An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services. The unveiling of Damen Offshore Rotterdam sees Damen commence with the construction of offshore vessels and constructions larger than those traditionally produced by the group, as well as large ferries and small cruise ships. Through the extensive experience of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion, Damen already has a strong track record working with such vessels.
This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the recovery of the offshore energy sector; when offshore activity increases once again Damen will be ready. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Offshore Rotterdam team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located in the Port of Rotterdam, at the headquarters of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion in the heart of the harbour city's offshore cluster.
|Date Updated||Saturday 4 August 2018|
|Education level||View Vacancy|
|Company name||Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam B.V.|
|Contact||Mr. Mark de Witt|