Senior Project Manager Engineering
DAMEN is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager Engineering for the SeaXplorer team. The SeaXplorer is the world's first purpose-built, Polar Code compliant range of expedition yachts with full capability for remote destinations from extreme Polar to remote Tropical areas. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, DAMEN has designed every detail of these ruggedized yachts for the most extraordinary adventures anywhere on the planet. Visit our dedicated website for more information: http://www.seaxplorer.nl/
As Senior Project Manager Engineering you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process with a stunning yacht as final goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners, partly on site, partly subcontracting, local and international. You will also maintain contact with the client, or their representatives. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased systems and equipment and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Finally, you will be on board the ship throughout its trials before the ship is handed over to the client.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. DAMEN people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage an engineering team with 20/30 engineers including 4 project Managers for the different disciplines, a support staff and (lead) engineers divided over the disciplines, in 4 phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Manage Budget, Planning, Quality and Risks with regard to the engineering of the vessel;
- Contact with the client or their representatives and manager outsourcing of engineering work, ensure that necessary approvals are attained;
- Support purchasing of systems or components, including requests for quotations and the vendor data process;
- Implementation of (standard) work processes in your project, organize review moments and preparation of status reports;
- Ensure a good working environment and team spirit.
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture;
- At least five years' experience in managing complex engineering projects, preferably in the yachting industry;
- You master excellent communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English;
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic;
- Willingness to travel on frequent basis (short trips about 6 to 8 times a year).
You are quality conscious, you find that teamwork is important and you have good communication skills in managing stakeholders.
Here at DAMEN we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, DAMEN will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
At Amels we built high-end luxury yachts with our renowned Amels brand and innovative Damen yachting portfolio. Amels operates the largest superyacht building yard in the Netherlands at our headquarters in Vlissingen, undertaking projects up to 83 metres from our Limited Editions range, as well as Amels Full Custom and a wide variety of refit projects up to well over 100 metres in length.
The Yacht Support brand represents a product line of purpose-built superyacht service vessels that accompany the mother ship all over the world, opening up new possibilities for the luxury yachting experience. The SeaXplorer brand consists of vessels that go beyond the superyacht circuit. True expedition yachts to take those on board off the beaten track to our planet's most adventurous destinations - in comfort and in style.
Damen and Amels are working closely together towards the continual development of these brands, including the integration of innovative technologies to reduce environmental impact to a minimum. A distinguishing feature of these markets is the high level of customer focus required. With that in mind, Damen and Amels have ensured the flexibility to integrate clients' custom touches. Typical examples include preparing the vessels for Tropical or Polar operations, helicopter installations such as fully enclosed hangars, dive centres, special tenders and toys. In addition to product development, these brands require a range of operational activities, consisting of project management, engineering, (project) purchase and project support.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Saturday 21 July 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 65 40 40|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|