Lead Engineer Rules & Regulations
DAMEN is currently looking for a Lead Engineer Rules & Regulations for the SeaXplorer team. The SeaXplorer is the world's first purpose-built, Polar Code compliant range of expedition yachts with full capability for remote destinations from extreme Polar to remote Tropical areas. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, DAMEN has designed every detail of these ruggedized yachts for the most extraordinary adventures anywhere on the planet. Visit our dedicated website for more information: http://www.seaxplorer.nl/
As Lead Engineer Rules & Regulations you are the specialist within your discipline. You will be responsible for the overall design of the project within your specialism. You provide technical specifications, maintain contact with suppliers, oversee new developments and perform background studies. In addition you will also supervise, assess and coach (Senior) Engineers on technical issues. The Lead Engineer Rules en Regulations will be overall responsible of managing the Class and national authorities approval process and is the focal point regarding Rules and Regulations of the project.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. DAMEN people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage the Class and national authorities approval process;
- Review the design and engineering deliverables on compliance;
- Manage dispensations and equivalents to rules and regulations;
- Discuss, clarify and secure un-clarities and interpretations;
- Safeguard that all (Engineering) partners work according to the relevant yacht specific regulations;
- Control new designs, and perform feasibility studies in the pre-design phase to determine potential risks;
- Increase rules and regulations knowledge, train and support technical specialists on regulations;
- Lobbying and influencing new legislation, providing feedback on implemented legislation;
- Focal point to regulative bodies, maintain relationship with Class and authorities.
- Master or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience;
- You master good communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English;
- In-depth knowledge of Class, IMO and national authority regulations, including specific yacht related regulations;
- Experience with Classification software packages;
You are quality conscious, you find that teamwork is important and you have good communication skills. You plan and organize your own work effectively and always keep the deadline in mind.
Here at DAMEN we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, DAMEN will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
The Damen Yachting division is a close cooperation between the Amels Yachts in Vlissingen and SeaXplorer and Yacht Support vessels in Gorinchem.
At Amels we built high-end luxury yachts with our renowned Amels brand and innovative Damen yachting portfolio. Amels operates the largest superyacht building yard in the Netherlands at our headquarters in Vlissingen, undertaking projects up to 83 metres from our Limited Editions range, as well as Amels Full Custom and a wide variety of refit projects up to well over 100 metres in length.
The Yacht Support brand represents a product line of purpose-built superyacht service vessels that accompany the mother ship all over the world, opening up new possibilities for the luxury yachting experience. The SeaXplorer brand consists of vessels that go beyond the superyacht circuit. True expedition yachts to take those on board off the beaten track to our planet's most adventurous destinations - in comfort and in style.
Damen and Amels are working closely together towards the continual development of these brands, including the integration of innovative technologies to reduce environmental impact to a minimum. A distinguishing feature of these markets is the high level of customer focus required. With that in mind, Damen and Amels have ensured the flexibility to integrate clients' custom touches. Typical examples include preparing the vessels for Tropical or Polar operations, helicopter installations such as fully enclosed hangars, dive centres, special tenders and toys. In addition to product development, these brands require a range of operational activities, consisting of project management, engineering, (project) purchase and project support.
Damen Shipyards Group consists of 35 operating companies worldwide. The group originates from a single shipyard founded in Holland in 1927 and is active in ship newbuilding and repair as well as marine services. With an annual turnover of approximately 1,3 billion euro, Damen is the largest shipbuilding group in The Netherlands and one of the leading builders of workboats and fast craft worldwide.
|Date Updated||Friday 20 July 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Group|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 639447|
|Fax||+31 183 639671|