Senior Engineer Mechanical
Using your broad expertise as a Mechanical Engineer you will contribute to the further development of the Offshore Patrol, Cargo, Offshore and Fishery range of vessels. Your main goal is to ensure all design conditions are met and all stakeholders have the necessary relevant information to guarantee an efficient building process. Your focus as Mechanical Engineer will be on the technical spaces, ship's systems and mechanical equipment. One of your challenge will be the limited space onboard, integrating all systems needed. You will be part of an engineering team, liaise closely with our engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and suppliers. Moreover you will ensure regulative requirements will be met.
- Executing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support
- Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners and working closely together with all stakeholders
- Monitoring quality and organizing interface and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers
- Performing complex Class, strength, flow and frequency calculations
- Supporting the Class and National Authorities approval process
- Preparing technical space layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specifications
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering; (Mag ook MBO niveau zijn met ervaring)
- At least five years' experience with complex projects
- An interest in innovation and an open mindset to new technologies
- You master good communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD, Nupas-Cadmatic, Pipeflow, and other relevant software
- You are quality conscious, you find that teamwork is important and you have good communication skills in managing stakeholders.
Here at DAMEN we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, DAMEN will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 11 July 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 65 40 40|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|