Lead Engineer Mechanical
As Lead Engineer Mechanical Systems you will focus on the technical spaces, ship's systems and mechanical equipment. The integration of all systems in the design within limited space boundaries is a true challenge for you. You will manage a small engineering team, liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that regulative requirements have been met.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Execute engineering in 4 phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support
- Supervise a small team of engineers
- Monitor quality. Assess input from our own employees, but also from suppliers and subcontractors
- Perform complex Class calculations, strength, flow and frequency calculations
- Prepare technical space layouts, system diagrams, outfitting arrangements
- Coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors
- Support in client, class and national authorities? approval process
- Organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers
- Prepare functional descriptions and technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs
- Play an active role in 3D review and guidance of detail engineering partners.
- Bachelor's degree Mechanical engineering
- At least five years' experience with complex projects
- You master good communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD, Nupas-Cadmatic, Pipeflow, and other relevant software
- You are quality conscious, you find that teamwork is important and you have good communication skills in managing stakeholders.
Here at DAMEN we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our DAMEN Academy;
- an active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, DAMEN will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 11 July 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Mr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0)183 63 9447|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|