Senior Engineer Shipbuilding
Are you an engineer with several years of experience in shipbuilding and would you like to contribute to maintaining and developing High Speed Crafts and Ferries? Are you also a team player? Then we are looking for you!
Your goal as Senior Engineer is to prepare specifications and work on designs for new and standard Damen vessels. These designs meet the set requirements and regulations and are in line with the project plans which are drawn up.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work out design, specifications, detail- and work drawings within the specified procedures and standards
- Drawing up construction plans
- Register and archive designs, drawings and project-related information
- Carry out calculations for further elaboration of weights, stability and structures in the shipbuilding area
- Performing feasibility and risk analyzes on construction plans
- Production of order lists and preparation of technical specifications for purchase orders based on the specifications and planning
- Register, monitor and signaling more / less work of hours spent on engineering work
- Plan and making a budget of own design and calculation.
Quality consciousness is with you as an Engineer in your blood. You are proactive, creative and working accurately. In addition, you meet the following features:
- An HBO degree completed in the field of Shipbuilding or Maritime Engineering;
- 5 years relevant work experience;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Experience with software packages like AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic.
From a role as Senior Engineer, you have several opportunities to further develop yourself. This can be done technically, but also in the direction of project management. The Engineering Department is a strong team in which everyone is prepared to go the extra mile. Would you like to be part of this team and contribute to the development of vessels?
Apply now via the button below.
The Global Engineering Network of Damen Shipyards consists of various engineering partners who work closely with each other to achieve a complete design of the vessel. This process is controlled from the Engineering department in Gorinchem. The work is performed within four product groups: Tugs, High Speed Craft / Ferries, Offshore and Transport and Damen Technical Cooperation. Each group is managed by a Manager Engineering and consists of several project teams. Each team which consists of both shipbuilding and mechanical engineers work on one or more projects, manager by the Project Manager.
The transformation of the first design to a complete and workable engineering package is the responsibility of the Engineering department. On this basis the ships can be built. Engineering focuses on the (further) development of existing Damen vessels, as well as to introduce new ships. The Engineering Department is also during the production of the ship involved and gives support if necessary.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Saturday 7 July 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 65 40 40|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|