As specification engineer you will be responsible for the accurate execution, reporting and documentation of the above tasks during basic engineering, detailed engineering and build phase of the ship at the yard.
- Gathering of relevant technical information of the mechanical systems.
- Dimensioning and sizing calculations.
- Writing of technical specifications based upon contract specification, rules, regulations and applicable standards.
- Discussions and negotiations with suppliers to determine final technical specifications.
- Technical evaluation of systems offered by suppliers.
- Preparation of the purchase orders in cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Final inspection at supplier.
- Technical support to the yard during installation, commissioning and trials.
- A technical degree preferably in mechanical or marine engineering at BSc. level.
- Affinity with or experience within the maritime industry.
- Verbal land written proficiency in the Dutch and English language.
- Decisive and structured way of working.
- Able to identifies issues and prioritise. Able to work as part of a team. Able to carry out tasks self-sufficiently.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Date Updated||Friday 6 July 2018|
|Company name||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contact||Ms. Esther Van Oorschot|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 118 48 23 24|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|