Damen Shiprepair & Conversion (DSC), as part of the Damen Shipyards group, based in Rotterdam the Netherlands, offers a network of sixteen repair and conversion yards worldwide. As Sales Manager within DSR your prime responsibility will be to seek business by active acquisition.
The Sales Manager is assigned to a dedicated client portfolio by country or business segment. You are actively developing the relationships with the potential or existing clients in your portfolio and independently follow up on any inquiries from clients within your portfolio. You will be responsible for the timely submission of quotations and the follow up of quotations submitted by you to the client. You liaise with the estimating department and verify the progress of quotation in progress. All client communication will be primarily done by the responsible Sales Manager. The Sales Manager report to the Commercial Director.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible to achieve profitable turnover in the assigned territory or business segment;
- Initiating and conducting marketing activities (trade fairs, congresses, advertisements);
- Identifying market opportunities;
- Responsible for supporting our marketing department with a solid marketing plan for the area and/or product group;
- Establish and maintain a total market overview and consequently being able to provide strategic advice to the Commercial Manager and Damen Shipyards and Conversion Management;
- Establish, maintain and expand relationships with customers and other relevant contacts in the assigned region / product group;
- Obtain enquiries, provide the client with quotations supported by the organization (estimating department) and follow up;
- Responsible for finalizing sales agreements; including negotiations with customers about prices, service specifications, delivery and payment terms, the drawing up and conclusion of contracts and conditions, and sharing this knowledge with the internal organization.
- Bachelor degree in Shipbuilding or (Marine) Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience in Repair and/or Conversion, Shipbuilding or another Maritime industry;
- You have open communication skills with a strong convincing personality, you have a problem solving mentality and are customer and service orientated;
- Preferably familiar with typical Shiprepair processes and working procedures;
- Your English language, verbally and written, are highly proficient;
- You are willing to travel abroad frequently (short-term assignments).
|Date Updated||Saturday 30 June 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam B.V.|
|Contact||Mr. Jean-Paul van Bilsen|
|Fax||+31 (0)10 473 2577|