Project Engineer Services
For our shipyard in Cape Town, we are looking for a Business Controller, who has affinity with risk management and project control. Damen Shipyards Cape Town is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets.
The Business Controller is working closely with the Finance Manager of the yard, reports to the Division Business Controller and acts as a lengthening piece of this person. The Business Controller assists the Finance Manager with setup of clear financial structure and processes to ensure segregation of duties in line with the Damen Group policies. Special focus is given to project control and risk management process including required tooling and management information.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Advice various internal stakeholders (e.g. Board of Directors, local management, project manager) on the financial, business and project related risks, opportunities and external developments;
Work closely with the Finance manager of the yard to:
- Set-up and implement project cost control process including tools and reporting in line with the Damen Shipyards Group standards;
- Set-up up a project specific cash flow model and be actively engaged in working capital management for the project;
- Assist to improve the financial and administration processes relating to the project, in line with the standards of the Damen Shipyards Group and legal and business requirements;
- Identifying and managing cost reduction opportunities within the project;
- Dedicated project team member representing the finance discipline in the project and works closely with the project manager to identify key risks and potential financial impact;
- Assists the Finance Manager to ensure segregation of duties in key financial processes like purchase to pay and order to cash;
- Liaises closely with the Finance function of the Damen Shipyards Group and Division and assures that Damen Group accounting standards, policies, methods and time lines are implemented;
- Build and maintain a network of internal project related stakeholders, in line with business needs, policies and developments.
As a Business Controller, you are a strong and positive communicator, motivator and multitasker. You can maintain relationships with all levels of the organization, while keeping your professional independence. You are a team player, accurate, can maintain a helicopter view but also have attention for relevant details and can easily identify the key issues that meant your focus and attention.
Additionally, you meet the following requirements:
- Academic degree in Business Economics / Finance and Accounting;
- Chartered accountant qualification;
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Business Controller or similar function, preferably in the Maritime industry or in another Project related industry;
- English is a must;
- Experience in working with ERP systems.
You have a hands-on and no-nonsense mentality, and aware of cultural differences.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Thursday 28 June 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Cape Town|
|Contact||Mr. Boy Ramirez Verhoeven|