Sales Manager Cruise
Damen is stepping into the small-medium size cruise market. We are looking for a motivated commercial individual with a sincere passion and affinity with the cruise industry and ready to take a front line role in our road to cruise success. Excellent sales skills and the ability to make best use of the cruise synergies within the Damen Group will be of paramount importance to succeed within the role.
Sharing customer/market/product knowledge within Damen will be an important component to assure our way to success in the cruise business. The Sales Manager Cruise will work in close coordination with the Damen Regional Sales organization, the Damen Ship Repair and Conversion cruise sales colleagues, the dedicated Cruise Design and Proposal Team and our cruise specialists of the newly established Business Unit Cruise, RoPax and Offshore CRO. Having a key role in the Sales process of Newbuild cruise ships, the Sales Manager Cruise will report to the Sales Director Cruise (SVP Sales and Marketing Cruise). One of the focus will be the development and the commercial success of the river cruise business for Damen. The Sales Manager Cruise will be dedicated to improve our proposition and customer journey for a number cruise accounts and function as a back-up to the Sales Director Cruise when needed. The Sales Manager Cruise will be able to work as a valuable team player within the Damen Sales organization having in mind a broad picture of the global Damen success in the cruise business. The Sales Manager Cruise will be confident in raising awareness of Damen within the cruise industry establishing our name as a reliable partner for building cruise ships.
The activities of the Sales Manager Cruise will include:
- Maintaining and expanding the relationships and other relevant contacts in the cruise market (acquisition/business development/account management);
- Following leads, projects and identifying (concrete) market opportunities. Assessing technical and financial means of potential cruise customers and of the related projects;
- Preparing offers understanding and determining in consultation with the Sales Director Cruise the market price level;
- Being aware of the cruise competitors strengths and weaknesses thru market intelligence;
- Taking a leading role towards the customer in a number of cruise tenders. In other cruise tenders assuming a commercial specialist role in support to the sales organization;
- Being confident and prepared to negotiate with the customer prices, product specifications, terms and conditions (contract) and finally sealing the deal minimizing the risks;
- Advising the Customer about financing opportunities in coordination with Customer Finance and international financial institutions;
- Participating to the post-contractual/project board processes of the relevant cruise projects, Organizing Customer events, Being in the front line with the Customer in case of commercial disputes and settlements;
- Reporting market and project developments to the Sales Director Cruise, writing visit reports and sharing them within the Damen organization;
- Updating CRM system (Sales Force) when necessary to maximize Account Management efforts;
- Supporting the Sales Director Cruise in marketing activities (exhibitions, conferences, ads, digital contents);
- Participating to the planning meetings with Sales Director and Product Director Cruise, setting up sales structures/processes for River Cruise ships.
- A Technical Master degree as a minimum and relevant professional experience (min. 5years) is a must;
- Good proven technical understanding of the design, construction and operational processes of cruise ships (oceangoing and river);
- Familiarity with the metrics driving the cruise newbuilding market, ocean and river;
- Commercial acumen and experience in leading complex multi-million projects (capital goods);
- Demonstrated affinity and knowledge with the cruise industry, an established network with Cruise owner?s higher managements is highly valued. River Cruise experience is a big plus;
- Proven networking and business development skills;
- Capable to set clear priorities and at the same time flexible to adjust them quickly;
- Used to work across a large and global organization;
- Ready to travel worldwide, sometimes extensively and on a short notice including some week-ends (30 to 50%);
- Good English written/spoken other languages are a plus;
- Stress-resistant, patient, capable to keep on looking in a pragmatic manner to the final success of long term projects;
- An enthusiastic self-starter, motivated, result-orientated and positive person with sense of humor and a nice personality to fit within a winning team undertaking a new journey for Damen.
The Cruise range of vessels is part of Damen´s Cruise Ropax & Offshore cluster. For the design of these vessel types, the cluster works closely with different departments within Damen. The Cruise brand represents a product line of highly competitive Cruise vessels up to 100+ meters opening up new possibilities for the luxury Cruise market. Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services. The unveiling of Damen Cruise sees Damen commence with the construction of Cruise vessels larger than those traditionally produced by the group. This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the further growth of the Cruise market. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Cruise team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located in Rotterdam.
|Date Updated||Monday 9 July 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam B.V.|
|Contact||Mr. B. Ramirez-Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 183 63 94 47|
|Fax||+31 (0)10 473 2577|