Project Planner Offshore Rotterdam
You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining integrated project plans (work breakdown structures), in which engineering, procurement, logistics and production will be coordinated in such a way that timely supply for the global production sites of Damen Shipyards is realized. You will manage and control the logistics in the entire shipbuilding process. When necessary you will react and identify problems at their earliest stage. The information required to perform the job, is provided by the Project Managers. With this information you will create and manage the systematic processes needed with input from the line managers from the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop integrated project plans and logistic schedules (work breakdown structures);
- Manage, maintain and adjust project plans;
- Analyze and identify bottlenecks in the (overall) planning and develop and propose improvements/solutions;
- Bird's eye view of situations and processes in time, identify problems and react with a systematic approach, taking the consequences in account;
- Create and maintain various reports;
- Ability to think and work at an HBO level;
- Preferably 5 years or more relevant work experience;
- Strong analytical capabilities and an expert in understanding of processes;
- Decisive, stress resistant, good communication skills and customer oriented;
- Affinity with the shipbuilding industry is a plus, but not required;
- Experience with ERP programs and planning packages as IFS and Primavera;
- Experience with project plans and work breakdown structures;
Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services. The unveiling of Damen Offshore Rotterdam sees Damen commence with the construction of offshore vessels and constructions larger than those traditionally produced by the group, as well as large ferries and small cruise ships. Through the extensive experience of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion, Damen already has a strong track record working with such vessels.
This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the recovery of the offshore energy sector; when offshore activity increases once again Damen will be ready. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Offshore Rotterdam team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located in the Port of Rotterdam, at the headquarters of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion in the heart of the harbour city's offshore cluster.
|Date Updated||Thursday 5 July 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam B.V.|
|Contact||Mr. B. Ramirez-Verhoeven|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 183 63 94 47|
|Fax||+31 (0)10 473 2577|