You provide overall leadership for the DSNS service and commissioning department. You are responsible for the set up and execution of product life cycle support programs. You maintain a worldwide technical support network for clients. You anticipate and investigate customer wishes according to high standards regarding the quality of products and services.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the service department, which includes the (field) service and commissioning engineers and project management of service related projects.
- Develop and execute service programs in close collaboration with clients and relevant in- and external stakeholders.
- Is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of a worldwide technical support network and spare part distribution, in collaboration with other relevant Damen entities.
- Professionalize and maintain the commissioning / service engineering department by delivering quality commissioning engineers to new build projects and development of sea trails plans.
- Responsible for technical support during warranty periods after delivery of vessel(s) to the client.
- Responsible for the execution of crew and maintenance training programs and product life cycle extension programs.
- Report, monitors and evaluate service projects on progress, budgets, cost price analysis, timelines and risks (mitigation), this includes the performance of third parties and intervene when needed.
- Manage the department including flexible (human) resource planning and assure all project teams can be manned with the required capabilities.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the client.
- Ensure all necessary policies and procedures, including relevant HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Representing the company to customers and related professional associations.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a technical discipline or a professional qualification in relevant technical study.
- Extensive understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Experience in service management of new build ships.
- Experience in subcontract management.
- Expertise in a variety of supply chain concepts and practices.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) is specialised in the design and construction of naval and complex commercial vessels, making optimal use of its know-how and experience from both the military and commercial sectors.
|Date Updated||Thursday 21 June 2018|
|Company name||Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding|
|Contact||Mr. Rob Mulder|
|Telephone||+31 (0) 118 48 27 52|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 050|