The Project Management Officer is a member of the Internal Project Management Office (iPMO) within the Damen Shipyards Group. iPMO is part of the IT department and located at the head offices in Gorinchem. iPMO is there to help ensure that the right (business/IT) improvement projects are done in the right way. Improvement projects can vary from the implementation of a new information systems (like CRM, PLM, ERP) to the improvement of business performance. The Project Management Officer defines, facilitates and enforces the proper governance of the (portfolio of) improvement projects within Damen. The iPMO team is a young, ambitious and highly energetic team. Within the team there are many opportunities for personal development and growth. There is a great opportunity to contribute to further and fast professionalization of our iPMO services.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Developing and improving project (portfolio) governance standards and processes;
- Encouraging, monitoring and if needed enforcing the use of project (portfolio) governance standards and processes;
- Being sparring partner in the setup of projects (translate an idea into a project and define relevant project objectives, scope and deliverables);
- Gathering and reporting data about project (portfolio) progress;
- Advising, coaching and training Project Managers and other project stakeholders in the execution of their roles/tasks;
- Supporting the identification and management of dependencies across projects;
- Evaluating projects and identifying lessons learned, per project and across the project portfolios;
- Driving the growth in the maturity of the iPMO department, improving the people, organization, processes and tools.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
- Master education / thinking level;
- Fluent in English and Dutch (speaking and writing);
- Knowledge and affinity with Prince2, P3O and Agile/Scrum (certificates preferred);
- Experience in the setup and / or improvement of PMO is preferred;
- Experience within industrial or production industry is preferred.
You are able to think, analyze and advise on a tactical and abstract level. Damen works in a complex and international environment so it is important that you are a self-starter and result driven. You are able to deal with resistance to change and dare to challenge project stakeholders.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen offers a wide range of products, including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and superyachts. For nearly all vessel types Damen offers a broad range of services, including maintenance, spare parts delivery, training and the transfer of (shipbuilding) know-how. Damen also offers a variety of marine components, such as nozzles, rudders, anchors, anchor chains and steel works.In addition to ship design and shipbuilding, Damen Shiprepair & Conversion has a worldwide network of 16 repair and conversion yards with dry docks ranging up to 420 x 80 metres. Conversion projects range from adapting vessels to today's requirements and regulations to the complete conversion of large offshore structures. DSC completes around 1,300 repair and maintenance jobs annually.
Damen Shipyards Group consists of 35 operating companies worldwide. The group originates from a single shipyard founded in Holland in 1927 and is active in ship newbuilding and repair as well as marine services. With an annual turnover of approximately 1,3 billion euro, Damen is the largest shipbuilding group in The Netherlands and one of the leading builders of workboats and fast craft worldwide.
|Date Updated||Monday 18 June 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Group|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 639447|
|Fax||+31 183 639671|