Senior Naval Architects
- Specialist in naval architecture aspects within yacht design, including all calculations.
- Responsible for the Naval Architecture of new yacht designs.
- Delivers solutions for the design team.
- Set up a Naval Architecture standard for the shipyard.
- Contribute to Research and Innovation.
- Reporting to the D&P-management and to the Senior Design Engineer, the new colleague contributes in the team of design engineers, naval architects and marine engineers.
- And will closely work together with the commercial team, our engineering departments, production locations, Damen R&D and external parties.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Main tasks executed alone and in the team:
- You are the specialist in all naval architecture aspect of the yacht design.
- Creating hull design. Calculates hydrostatic and hydrodynamic features of the design, calculates propulsion power, speed prognosis and action radius.
- Contributes to the Production Definition Package (PDP) and supports engineering colleagues with Naval Architecture and construction.
- Draws up and maintains the weight and stability plans in the design phase.
- Draws up the GA building specifications and design notices and keeps these up to date.
- You are developing standards for naval archtitecture
- You are able to design/calculate a ship construction.
- Discuss with subcontratcors and suppliers the optimum solutions for the yacht design.
- Makes assessments of vendor?s specifications and schemes.
- Synchronises matters and information with the purchasedepartment, engineering, production and service departement.
- Provides for technical and management information and reports required.
- Takes care of the timely execution of the core basic engineering tasks (sketches, drawings, calculations, defining of components materials).
- Safeguards rules and Regulations of Class and Flag, draws up ducumentation for approval.
- Keeps up to date with technical develoment and innovations within the industry.
- Takes care of his own development and the technical development of his colleagues.
- Education Naval Architecture MSc/BSc.
- Good understanding of all construction, mechanical, safety aspects and classification rules, statutory requirement aspects of complex ship building, preferably obtained in a yacht building environment.
- Experience 5 years+
- Team player, focused, accurate.
- The intention to stay within our company for an extensive number of years.
- Good command of English and ideally also Dutch.
AMELS builds the Limited Editions range, which revolutionised the marketplace. The Limited Editions concept was introduced in 2005 and now comprises six models that can be entirely personalised using striking designs from world-class designers.
Next to the Limited Edition yachts, AMELS delivers Custom Build Yachts, SeaXplorer Expedition Yachts and Yacht Support Vessels.
AMELS emerged in 1982 as a global brand leader in yacht building. A member of Damen Shipyards since 1991, AMELS has launched more than 40 superb custom yachts - universally admired for their flawless quality. AMELS builds the Limited Editions range, which revolutionised the marketplace. The Limited Editions concept was introduced in 2005 and now comprises four models that can be entirely personalised using striking designs from world-class designers.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 29 May 2018|
|Company name||Amels BV|
|Contact||Mr. T. Uiterwaal|
|Telephone||+31 (0)118 485 002|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 004|