Senior Mechanical Engineers
- Specialist in mechanical engineering for yachting, including all calculations
- Responsible for the mechanical systems in the new yacht designs.
- Delivers solutions for the design team.
- Set up mechanical standards for the shipyard.
- Contribute to Research and Innovation.
- Reporting to the D&P-management and to the Senior Design Engineer, the new colleague contributes to the team of design engineers, naval architects and mechanical engineers.
- Will closely work together with our engineering departments, production locations, Damen R&D and external parties.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Main tasks executed alone and in the team:
- You are the specialist in all mechnanical aspect of the yacht design.
- You design all primary and secundary systems onboard of a yacht including calculations and system descriptions.
- Contributes to the Production Definition Package (PDP) and supports engineering colleagues with mechanical engineering and system design.
- You are developing standards for mechanical yacht systems.
- Discuss with subcontratcors and suppliers the optimum solutions for the yacht design.
- Designs the layout of all technical spaces, draws up the list of main components and keeps this up to date.
- Makes assessments of vendor's specifications and schemes.
- Synchronises matters and information with the purchase department, engineering, production and service departement.
- Provides for technical and management information and reports required.
- Takes care of the timely execution of the core basic engineering tasks (sketches, drawings, calculations, defining of components materials).
- Supports mechanical engineering colleagues with mechanical issues.
- Safeguards rules and Regulations of Class and Flag.
- Keeps up to date with technical develoment and innovations within the industry.
- Takes care of his own development and the technical development of his colleagues.
- Education Mechanical Engineering MSc/BSc.
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering, class and flag rules, preferably obtained in a yacht building environment.
- Open minded and Innovative
- Experience 5 years+
- Team player, well balanced person, critical attitude, creative and an innovator/improver.
- The intention to stay within our company for an extensive number of years.
- Good command of English and ideally also Dutch.
AMELS builds the Limited Editions range, which revolutionised the marketplace. The Limited Editions concept was introduced in 2005 and now comprises six models that can be entirely personalised using striking designs from world-class designers.
Next to the Limited Edition yachts, AMELS delivers Custom Build Yachts, SeaXplorer Expedition Yachts and Yacht Support Vessels.
AMELS emerged in 1982 as a global brand leader in yacht building. A member of Damen Shipyards since 1991, AMELS has launched more than 40 superb custom yachts - universally admired for their flawless quality. AMELS builds the Limited Editions range, which revolutionised the marketplace. The Limited Editions concept was introduced in 2005 and now comprises four models that can be entirely personalised using striking designs from world-class designers.
|Date Updated||Monday 28 May 2018|
|Company name||Amels BV|
|Contact||Mr. T. Uiterwaal|
|Telephone||+31 (0)118 485 002|
|Fax||+31 (0)118 485 004|