Lead engineer Yacht Outfitting
DAMEN is currently looking for a Lead engineer Yacht Outfitting for the SeaXplorer team. The SeaXplorer is the world's first purpose-built, Polar Code compliant range of expedition yachts with full capability for remote destinations from extreme Polar to remote Tropical areas. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, DAMEN has designed every detail of these ruggedized yachts for the most extraordinary adventures anywhere on the planet. Visit our dedicated website for more information: http://www.seaxplorer.nl/
As Lead Engineer Yacht Outfitting you will focus on the structural design and the integration of outfitting, such as helicopter hangars, hull doors, exterior furniture etc.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. DAMEN people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Execute engineering in 4 phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Supervise a small team of engineers;
- Monitor quality. Assess input from our own employees, but also from suppliers and subcontractors;
- Perform Class calculations, strength calculations, frequency, FEM and Fatigue calculations;
- Prepare outfitting arrangement drawings;
- Coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors;
- Support in client, Class and national authorities approval process;
- Organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Prepare functional descriptions and technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs.
- Bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture or Mechanical engineering;
- At least five years relevant work experience, preferably in the yachting industry;
- You master good communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English;
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD, Rhino and Nupas-Cadmatic;
- You are quality conscious.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That's why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
At Amels we built high-end luxury yachts with our renowned Amels brand and innovative Damen yachting portfolio. Amels operates the largest superyacht building yard in the Netherlands at our headquarters in Vlissingen, undertaking projects up to 83 metres from our Limited Editions range, as well as Amels Full Custom and a wide variety of refit projects up to well over 100 metres in length.
The Yacht Support brand represents a product line of purpose-built superyacht service vessels that accompany the mother ship all over the world, opening up new possibilities for the luxury yachting experience. The SeaXplorer brand consists of vessels that go beyond the superyacht circuit. True expedition yachts to take those on board off the beaten track to our planet's most adventurous destinations - in comfort and in style.
Damen and Amels are working closely together towards the continual development of these brands, including the integration of innovative technologies to reduce environmental impact to a minimum. A distinguishing feature of these markets is the high level of customer focus required. With that in mind, Damen and Amels have ensured the flexibility to integrate clients' custom touches. Typical examples include preparing the vessels for Tropical or Polar operations, helicopter installations such as fully enclosed hangars, dive centres, special tenders and toys. In addition to product development, these brands require a range of operational activities, consisting of project management, engineering, (project) purchase and project support.
Damen Shipyards Group consists of 35 operating companies worldwide. The group originates from a single shipyard founded in Holland in 1927 and is active in ship newbuilding and repair as well as marine services. With an annual turnover of approximately 1,3 billion euro, Damen is the largest shipbuilding group in The Netherlands and one of the leading builders of workboats and fast craft worldwide.
|Date Updated||Sunday 27 May 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Group|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 639447|
|Fax||+31 183 639671|