Corporate Parts Data Specialist
The One IHC programme develops and implements uniform processes, enterprise-wide data models and state-of-the-art software systems within Royal IHC. As part of this, IHC is converting high volumes of legacy data from our old software systems to our new digital landscape. This comprises IHC's core software systems (ERP, PDM, CAD and Planning). The migration project is complex. We come from a situation of more than 10 different ERP systems, various PDM and CAD packages, as well as a variety of technical products. Our aim is to realise a single ERP and PDM system, along with a smaller number of CAD applications. Intrinsically, the data migration process is a significant undertaking, especially where engineering data is concerned. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Parts Data Specialist. You will support us by interpreting and optimising the information on legacy parts to a level which meets the requirements of our newly defined standards.
In this role, your main responsibility will be to investigate (legacy) data sources for parts and convert it to the new data model. For this, you will use a state-of-the-art ETL (extract, transform and load) toolkit built on Oracle's EDQ/EDQP platform. You will be a key member of One IHC's roll-out team and report to the Data Migration Manager. As Parts Data Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- interpreting data from a multitude of existing (legacy) software systems (ERP and PDM) and databases
- gaining a deeper understanding of the usage of parts and assemblies in legacy systems, and data by interacting with local data experts
- converting, cleansing and verifying parts data into the new information model
- importing/migrating the clean parts data to the new systems (ERP & PDM)
- reporting progress to the team leader.
To be eligible for the position of Parts Data Specialist, you must have:
- higher vocational education (bachelor) or/and an academic higher education (master)
- enthusiasm for parts-related data, such as classification characteristics and operational information (prices, lead times, etc) in industrial and/or technical environments
- the desire to learn to operate new software solutions, motivated, proactive and disciplined attitude, with an eye for detail, and a passion for outstanding results and high-quality standards
- flexible attitude towards working hours around key data migration deadlines
- demonstrable skills in data manipulation and extraction techniques, for example, utilising SQL or other languages for scripting
- preferably experience in a comparable position (especially with regards to parts data processing, cleansing, and conversion)
- preferably experience with ETL tools, ERP and/or PDM solutions and/or with large datasets
- good communication skills in English both verbal and written
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as Parts Data Specialist a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Parts Data Specialist and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
Royal IHC (IHC) is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 17 April 2018|
|Contact||Mr. Sander Morijn|
|Telephone||+31 78 6910984|