Senior Engineer Mechanical
For the Engineering department High Speed Craft we are looking for a Senior Engineer Mechanical with experience in shipbuilding.
Your goal as Senior Engineer Mechanical is to work out specifications and make designs for new and standard Damen ships. These designs meet the set requirements and regulations and are in line with the project plans drawn up.
In this position you will be responsible for the overall?design of ships as per initial designs and the lists of requirements from our customers. You will provide technical specifications,maintain contact with suppliers, oversee new developments and perform background studies. In addition you will also supervise, assess and coach Engineers on technical issues.
The Senior Engineer Mechanical is responsible for the design of the Propulsion system including gearbox and engine arrangements, steering system, pump systems and piping, like fuel, bilge and fresh water.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Executing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support.
- Supervising a small team of engineers and subcontractors.
- Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners and working closely together with all stakeholders.
- Monitoring quality and organizing interface and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers.
- Performing complex Class, strength, flow and frequency calculations.
- Supporting the Class and National Authorities approval process.
- Preparing technical space layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements.
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specifications.
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least five years' experience as mechanical engineer with complex engineering projects
- An interest in innovation and an open mindset to new technologies.
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in preferably both English and Dutch.
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you.
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. Thats why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
The Global Engineering Network of Damen Shipyards consists of various engineering partners who work closely with each other to achieve a complete design of the vessel. This process is controlled from the Engineering department in Gorinchem. The work is performed within four product groups: Tugs, High Speed Craft / Ferries, Offshore and Transport and Damen Technical Cooperation. Each group is managed by a Manager Engineering and consists of several project teams. Each team which consists of both shipbuilding and mechanical engineers work on one or more projects, manager by the Project Manager.
The transformation of the first design to a complete and workable engineering package is the responsibility of the Engineering department. On this basis the ships can be built. Engineering focuses on the (further) development of existing Damen vessels, as well as to introduce new ships. The Engineering Department is also during the production of the ship involved and gives support if necessary.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Friday 9 February 2018|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Rianne Houthuijzen|
|Telephone||+31 183 65 40 40|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|