Ship Automation Engineer
Are you an experienced engineer in the field of industrial automation and do you have an affinity with the maritime sector? If so, read what Van Oord could offer you. For our Ship Management Department (Rotterdam office), we are looking for a Ship Automation Engineer.
In the role of Ship Automation Engineer, you will be involved in developing and managing the software used for automating the processes aboard our ships.
- Managing, developing and maintaining the existing software with the goal of a stable and workable system
- Translating users' needs and requirements to new software
- Expanding the software by means of development, testing and implementation
- Introducing new developments to the crew and providing technical support for problem-solving
We ask for
- A technical Bachelor's degree (e.g. Industrial Automation, Electrical Engineering, Maritime Officer)
- Several years' relevant work experience in the field of industrial automation, preferably in a maritime environment or in the shipbuilding industry
- Extensive knowledge of Linux, Java and C++ is a must
- Solid knowledge of networks and PLC systems
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written
- Strong communication and social skills
- Flexible attitude with regard to working hours and working abroad
A challenging and varied role in a team of 10 dedicated colleagues in which your work will take place at the office in Rotterdam and occasionally on board our ships. Together with others, you will contribute to the development and improvement of our vessels and equipment. In addition, Van Oord offers an excellent salary package appropriate to your background and experience.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online by using the button below. Not ready to apply yet? Please contact me for more information or other career opportunities at Van Oord.
Pieter van Bodegom
+31 88 8268068
Feel free to come on board with us and join our LinkedIn!
Please do not send your application to my email address. Only online applications through the Van Oord website will be processed. You can upload your resume and motivation by using the apply button underneath the vacancy.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
|Date Updated||Thursday 14 December 2017|
|Company name||Van Oord Dredging and Marine Contractors|
|Contact||Mr. Pieter van Bodegom|