CSD Dredge Master
Using your knowledge and expertise of cutter suction dredgers (CSDs), you will contribute to the different phases of designing, producing, commissioning and deploying our world class dredgers. During the design phase of a vessel, you support the Engineering department. You will liaise with internal colleagues and, on occasion, the customer, with regards to the layout of the dredging equipment and control desks. With large fully automated dredgers, your expertise will be instrumental to the setup and programming of the control software, as well as ensuring it's thoroughly tested before installation on-board. During the commissioning of a vessel, you will work closely with the Build-off and Commissioning team at the shipyard, as well as subcontractors, in order to deliver the vessel in a timely and efficient manner.
As well as being involved with the design, engineering and build of dredging vessels and installations around the world, you will also be responsible for conducting on-board training to the crew of the vessel. This could take place anywhere around the globe and be delivered to any nationality. Training includes, but is not limited to: the operation of dredge control systems; the maintenance of the dredging equipment; fault finding; correcting the fault if possible; and, if necessary, creating a detailed fault report so experts have a clear understanding of any issues.
You will act as the linchpin between customer contacts and IHC. As required, you will work at the office to set up a detailed scope of work, as well as undertake job preparation, planning and/or risk analysis. Besides crew training, you may also be required to train IHC colleagues, as well as third party crew and personnel involved in the international dredging industry. Your experience will be invaluable to the ongoing development of IHC products. You will enjoy sharing your practical expertise with designers and other stakeholders. In this role, you will report to the Manager of Field Services and the relevant Superintendent for Technical Services. The temporary periods abroad can last for up to six weeks at a time. For the role of CSD Dredge Master, you must:
- be responsible, flexible and persevering, as well as possess good communication, and social skills
- be able to demonstrate a good understanding of systems and equipment
- be able to work autonomously on large, medium and small dredgers at well equipped shipyards, as well as at international worksites with more limited facilities
- have knowledge of dredge sites/work and accompanying (dredge) characteristics
- relish having a varied job in- and outside of The Netherlands
- be able to communicate effectively with IHC colleagues, subcontractors and/or customer contacts, under constantly changing conditions
- be always looking for innovative ideas to improve the dredging process/installations that can be implemented on vessels and shared with IHC's R&D department
- be willing and eager to gain knowledge or learn new techniques in relation to equipment, and developments within the industry.
To be eligible for this role, you must have:
- at least an senior secondary maritime vocational education
- a minimum of six to seven years' professional experience as a Dredge Master on board self-propelled CSDs
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal, with knowledge of other languages being a distinct advantage
- a good knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, ERP packages and document management systems
- some experience as a Dredge Master/Mate on trailing suction hopper dredgers (advantageous)
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assesment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as CSD Dredge Master challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of CSD Dredge Master and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Dredge Master, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 22 November 2017|
|Contact||Mr. Sander Morijn|
|Telephone||+31 78 6910984|