TSHD Dredge Master
Based in Kinderdijk, the TSHD Dredge Master will use their knowledge and expertise to contribute to the different phases and areas of designing, producing, commissioning and employing IHC's world class dredgers. When it comes to large fully-automated dredgers, your expertise will be of vital importance when testing the control software set up and program before installation. Your expert feedback will form part of the ongoing development of IHC products. You must see it as a challenge to share your practical expertise with designers and other adherents in order for IHC to continuously develop industry-leading products. As the TSHD Dredge Master, you may be required to work abroad for periods of up to six weeks at a time. Within this role, your duties will also include the following:
- working closely with the IHC build-off and commissioning team of the shipyard, as well as subcontractors in order to deliver the vessel in an efficient manner
- supporting the engineering department of IHC during the design phase, alongside internal stakeholders and customers, with regards to the layout of the dredging equipment and control desks
- training the crew on-board dredging vessels and installations around the world - including support on operation dredge control systems, maintenance of equipment, and fault finding, solutions and reporting
- training IHC personnel or third-party crew and personnel currently active in the international dredging industry
- reporting to the Manager Field Services and Superintendent Technical Services.
To be eligible for the role of TSHD Dredge Master, you must have the following:
- at least a senior secondary maritime vocational education
- at least four years of professional experience as a Pipe Operator or a Mate on-board TSHDs
- a valid certificate of competence (STCW-papers) and other relevant documents, such as Seaman's Book and medical certificates
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- excellent knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, ERP and document management systems
- a keen sense of responsibility, perseverance, flexibility, good communication and social skills
- the ability to work autonomously on large, medium and small dredgers at a variety of shipyards
- the ability to deal with IHC personnel, subcontractors and customers in ever-changing conditions
- the ability to generate innovative ideas, and always looking to improve the dredging process/installation and equipment
- an openness to continuous improvement of your knowledge, and the ability to keep up with industry developments.
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assesment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you as TSHD Dredge Master challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of TSHD Dredge Master and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a TSHD Dredge Master, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 22 November 2017|
|Contact||Mr. Sander Morijn|
|Telephone||+31 78 6910984|