Design & Proposal Engineer Yacht Support & SeaXplorer
Are you an engineer with a passion for design? Do you have affinity with the yachting industry? Then you might be the Design & Proposal Engineer Yacht Support & SeaXplorer we are looking for.
- Designing vessels in accordance with the criteria of the customer;
- Exploring new applications for expansion or optimization of the existing product portfolio;
- Preparing ship designs, technical specifications, cost calculations and build strategies for sales prospects;
- Optimizing (standard) designs, in order to lower the price and enhance quality, reliability and the functionality of the vessels;
- Liaising with internal departments (Research, Engineering) and external parties for optimal project results;
- Keeping track of the overall progress in the pre-sales phase;
- Setting up a project planning (milestones), calculating supplemental work and cost savings, preparing a list of deviations and other customer specific data.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering;
- Experience in designing a variety of vessels and yachts;
- Good verbal and written command of the English language (and preferably Dutch);
- You are customer-oriented, you have good communication skills, you are able to prioritize and you work efficiently;
- Affinity with the yachting industry, creating proposals and a commercial mindset.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Gorinchem still functions as a yard but the main activities involve the daily management of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen Services and the Offshore & Transport division is also located here.
|Date Updated||Tuesday 12 December 2017|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards Gorinchem|
|Contact||Ms. Tessa Sluyter|
|Telephone||+31 183 639922|
|Fax||+31 183 632189|