As Quality Control Engineer, you will report to the SHEQ Manager about production quality and any QC-related issues for ongoing projects. You will be responsible for optimising quality from production, suppliers and logistics. Working closely with the Logistics, Production and Engineering departments, you will focus on methods to improve performance, quality and costs.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- supporting the technical and quality assurance (QA)/quality control (QC) areas, by drafting inspection and test plans for projects
- conducting inspections during the production process, in accordance with the inspection and test plans of specific projects
- performing visual inspections and dimension measurements to identify any defects
- advising, supporting and instructing employees from the Production, Procurement and Product Development departments in any matters relating to quality
- investigating the causes of complaints and notifying of product deviations, instigating any necessary actions
- rejecting and assessing any products that may not meet quality standards
- performing quality audits (internal and with suppliers) and reporting findings
- conducting entry control and/or organising internal inspection
- providing documentation and archiving QA/QC projects
- inspecting the appearance of products (internal and from suppliers) and finalised projects in the presence of customers, and inspection bodies
- verifying the correct product specification requirements.
To be eligible for this role, you will need to have:
- as a minimum, an MBO level of education in mechanical engineering
- knowledge and experience of metalworking, steel structures and hydraulic systems
- experience and knowledge of ISO9001 quality management systems (preferable)
- knowledge of mathematics (evidenced through training and/or experience) and (preferably) visual inspection of welding experience and CSWIP certification
- a good command of Dutch and English languages, both written and verbal
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- flexibility to be able to work across different settings.
As Quality Control Engineer, you will work from the Kinderdijk and/or Delfgauw locations. However, in the long term, the company will move to Sliedrecht.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offer you a temporary job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Quality Control Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Quality Control Engineer, you will work at IHC IQIP. The organisation was set up in 2015 from a merger of the IHC FUNDEX Equipment, IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems and IHC Sea Steel business units. With a total of over 200 years of combined experience and expertise, IHC IQIP designs, builds and supplies fully integrated, innovative solutions for onshore and offshore installations, foundations and dismantling. This meets the needs of customers in the civil construction, offshore wind and offshore oil and gas markets.
|Date Updated||Thursday 26 October 2017|
|Contact||Ms. Jeanne van der Waal|
|Telephone||+31 78 691 0984|