Production Engineer Renovations
The renovations department manages bigger ship repairs and conversions both nationally and internationally. The department is set up as a project organisation in which the cooperation of different disciplines - such as calculation, project management, engineering and purchasing - is important. We are looking for an experienced Production Engineer Renovations with a hands-on mentality and pragmatic approach to join the department.
Within this role, your duties will include the following:
- receiving project information and checking for completeness and accuracy
- reporting any missing information or issues
- completing data where necessary and making (production) work drawings, material states and determining purchase specifications
- defining production methods and procedures in close cooperation with engineering and field service advisors
- answering production-related questions from service engineers and stakeholders
- reporting on the progress of work and deviations of delivery time, budget and quality
- contributing ideas alongside management and the department in order to create solutions to prevent problems, and improve methods and processes
- creating project planning including progress reports.
To be eligible for the role, you must have the following:
- a higher (HBO) or senior (MBO) vocational education, preferably in mechanical engineering
- the ability to interpret technical diagrams and drawings, and other project documents
- profound knowledge of production and logistics processes, and the ability to define a connection between them
- the ability to define the impact of decisions on other processes within own working area and other areas
- the ability to advise colleagues and follow up on any questions they have
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, in addition to ERP and PDM packages
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both written and verbal
- a stress-resistant and pragmatic personality
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- a flexible approach to work and the ability to take initiative.
Terms of employment
We offer you a challenging role at a company in which technology is placed at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work for an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued and where you have every opportunity to develop further. Our terms of employment may be described as excellent, and include reimbursement for your travel costs, an annual profit share, a highly beneficial pension scheme, access to appropriate training courses, and 40 days of annual leave.
Are you interested in the position of Production Engineer Renovations and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Production Engineer Renovations, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
|Date Updated||Thursday 26 October 2017|
|Contact||Ms. Jeanne van der Waal|
|Telephone||+31 78 691 0984|