As a service engineer, you will work on a wide range of activities within the Service Operations department. You will offer technical input during project development, prepare service assignments, supervise on-site activities and carry out service and repairs on our customers' equipment. Your working environment will be a combination of mechanical engineering and shipbuilding on ships and equipment located around the world.
As a service engineer, your duties will include the following:
- solving problems by thinking up, detailing and (after approval) implementing new solutions
- understanding the detailed technical functionality of all equipment
- translating (internal) customer requirements into technical capabilities and options
- identifying shortcomings in current products, processes, systems and procedures and suggesting improvements and solutions
- travelling to customer locations for repair and/or maintenance activities
- translating customer needs into concrete requests for quotations
- supervising, assisting with, and conducting service assignments
- offering repair solutions from a technical/commercial perspective
- promoting IHC's products and service developments
- managing internal service staff within IHC Services
- drafting tenders and contracts, or the guidelines governing the content of tenders, contracts and other commercial documents
- establishing and maintaining contact with the entire IHC organisation.
To be eligible for this role, you must have the following:
- a vocational (MTS) or higher vocational technical college (HTS) level of education, preferably in mechanical engineering, shipbuilding or operational technology
- at least six years of relevant experience in a comparable position within the industry with international experience
- a technical and commercial mindset
- a hands-on mentality and a practical approach
- an affinity with heavy mechanical engineering, shipbuilding and the dredging/offshore industry
- willingness to travel overseas periodically
- a high level of independence and a keen sense of responsibility
- excellent reporting skills
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written (knowledge of another language would be an advantage)
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
We offer you a challenging role at a company in which technology is placed at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work for an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued and where you have every opportunity to develop further. Our terms of employment may be described as excellent, and include reimbursement for your travel costs, an annual profit share, a highly beneficial pension scheme, access to appropriate training courses, and 40 days of annual leave.
Are you interested in the position of Service Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Service Engineer, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
|Date Updated||Wednesday 30 August 2017|
|Contact||Mr. Gerard Eggink|
|Telephone||078 691 0984|